A new ransomware going by the name of 2k19cry Virus has been detected in the wild. The ransomware appends the .2k19cry plug-in to encrypted files. In truth, the 2k19cry Virus belongs to the Paradise ransomware classification which was at the beginning found in 2017. A connected ransomware case is the 2k19sys malicious software.
The 2k19cry Virus renames all encrypted files by adding a random string of characters, email address and the .2k19cry extension. The ransomware displays the ransom note in a pop-up window but it also creates another one in a text file which is named -=###_INFO_you_FILE_###=-.txt.
The main method of distribute in other words utilized by the 2k19cry Virus is concluded to be either via fraudulent hyperlinks or threat files. The 2k19cry Virus may access your personal computer as an e-mail attachment in an e-mail transmitted in sizable malspam campaigns. Such can feign that you have gotten an receipt, bill or a record from your bank.
Not merely this, but you might additionally download varying various types of files and objects that you assume are legit. They can regardless emerge to be precisely quite the opposite as these kinds of logs may prove to be the malevolent software malware log.
As soon as you are contaminated with the 2k19cry Virus, you could at once sight it as your files might start to look together with the 2k19cry Virus add-on.
Also note that the 2k19cry Virus may be able to perform the following malicious actions on your computer:
Once this is done, the 2k19cry Virus begins scanning your computer for different files to encrypt. 2k19cry Virus attentively jump over enciphering files in the default device directories of Windows and instead it starts to enchipher files that have various log plug-ins.
After the files are encoded, you can’t launch them and a one-of-a-kind catalog decryption key is produced and redirected to the cybercriminals. This develops them the sole ones who can decrypt your files. However, we firmly recommend you not to pay any penalty, since paying shows enabling further nasty processes because you’re giving income to hackers.
As for the ransom message, it it delivered in a pop-up window which reads the following:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in 2k19cry Virus.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
2k19cry Virus Behavior
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- 2k19cry Virus Shows commercial adverts
- 2k19cry Virus Connects to the internet without your permission
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
2k19cry Virus effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1028%
- Windows 833%
- Windows 725%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP6%
2k19cry Virus Geography
Eliminate 2k19cry Virus from Windows
Delete 2k19cry Virus from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove 2k19cry Virus from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase 2k19cry Virus from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete 2k19cry Virus from Your Browsers
2k19cry Virus Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase 2k19cry Virus from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate 2k19cry Virus from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).