Have your files been enchiphered alongside the .guesswho plugin? The .guesswho files malicious software is a new ransomware threat that’s at the current moment contaminating people.
Due to the email addresses presented by the cybercriminals behind .guesswho files malware – email. However, we can’t certify that the ransomware malware are linked as we call for additional information.
What we understand so far is that the ransomware implements the .guesswho extension which is appended to encrypted files. A victim of the penaltyware who got in involve alongside us distribute that the ransom message discloses the following:
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in guesswho.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Changes user's homepage
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Installs itself without permissions
- guesswho Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Common guesswho behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
guesswho effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1021%
- Windows 832%
- Windows 724%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP20%
Eliminate guesswho from Windows
Delete guesswho from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove guesswho from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase guesswho from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete guesswho from Your Browsers
guesswho Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase guesswho from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate guesswho from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).