What is UC Browser? Is UC Browser legit or a scam? Is UC Browser an adware? How to remove UC Browser PUP from your PC or Mac?
The UC Browser PUP is a malware version of a legitimate and well-known web browser. It is produced by certain cyber crook groups and spread over the web in ample-scale circulated campaigns. These kinds of samples can redirect to a load of various kinds of malevolent motions, involving the delivery of other malware. Even if the real UC Browser is installed on a given system we recommend that users check if it is not a malware or a PUP.
The UC Browser is a popular web browser of which many PUP derivatives have been made. They are malicious software-infiltrated copies of the programs which are generally distribution posing as the tangible and reliable program. This is a tremendously leading infection since there are numerous produced for a load of oss.
Issues may be crafted via all kinds of approaches, because of the point that it is one of the most used browsers among the younger generation. This has brought about a increase of the potentially unwanted program versions. A regular way is the coordination of email scam campaigns that are transmitted to the victims. Various social engineering tactics are used in order to persuade them into installing the UC Browser PUP – an optimized web browsing experience, improvements over previous versions and etc.
The other popular method is to create scam Internet sites that aim to imitate well-known download portals, search engines and landing pages. They are hosted on akin sounding websites to well-known locations and might be signed along with safety certificates.
The installation of the browser can be triggered by interaction with various payload carriers of which there are two main types – modified documents that include malicious macros (of all types: text documents, spreadsheets, presentations and databases) and application installers.
Remove UC123.com Redirect
The UC Browser PUP infection can also be triggered via the installation and use of browser hijackers which are dangerous plugins made for the most popular browsers. They are broadly used to direct the people to a crook-owned portal (generally a download ending up portal) or to straightaway deliver the UC Browser PUP to the victim pcs. One of such a majority of leading sites where such invaders could be discovered are the linked extension repositories where they are posted in bundles with bogus user analyzes and author credentials.
The malicious UC Browser PUP versions can cause a series of dangerous actions on the affected devices. In the majority of situations the people shall be unable to make a distinction between the lawful and a false and contaminated PUP. In this case there may be more than one hacker collective sending out the UC Browser PUP to their intended victims. This proves that varied campaigns might be intermixed and different varied malicious software can offer varied behavior methods.
Such samples can initiate a order of insecure motions that are governed by the crooks. Such infections usually begin with a data harvesting component which can be used to gather information about the victim users thereby exposing their identity. It may also be employed to make an one-of-a-kind malware ID which might distinguish every host.
The UC Browser has recently been found to include a bug in its stable release which allows computer hackers to deliver malware. This is found within the Android release showing that the company behind it has also violated the rules of the Google Play Store which prohibits such software to be uploaded to the official repository. Given this history of violations it is recommended that users of all UC Browser versions check if they are running the latest version. It is troubling that this is because of a pattern error which can pave the way for other exploits in future generates which can regardless stay in a hidden manner.
Quite a great deal of connected potentially unwanted programs can employ the obtained details so as to avoid the existing safety software and functions which generally targets anti-malicious software software, firewalls, virtual computer hosts and sandbox environments.
When these kinds of bits have complete launching some additional malevolent motions can happen:
As the UC Browser PUP samples are made by various hacker collectives around the world the variants will just continue being produced. Moreover, the UC Browser Adware can be added. Each single compiled samples could have a numerous behavior layout which produces this potentially unwanted program really malicious. Once it has been put on a exhibited system we encourage that a quality anti-malware resolution is used so as to guarantee that it isn’t a corrupt produce.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in UC Browser.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
UC Browser Behavior
- UC Browser Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- UC Browser Shows commercial adverts
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Common UC Browser behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
UC Browser effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1026%
- Windows 835%
- Windows 720%
- Windows Vista5%
- Windows XP14%
UC Browser Geography
Eliminate UC Browser from Windows
Delete UC Browser from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove UC Browser from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase UC Browser from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete UC Browser from Your Browsers
UC Browser Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase UC Browser from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate UC Browser from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).