A domain, called Macsafesearch.net was reported to spread the Mac Safe Search browser extension. The browser plug-in has been labeled as a possibly undesired application, whose main goal is to fill victimised pcs with ads of all classifications, like directs and other types of adverts. The Mac Safe Search “Virus” can also cause routes and ads to sites which can be damaging targeted at users and this is why its deletion is firmly encouraged. If you want to remove the Macsafesearch.net hijacker, we strongly suggest you to download the following types of files from your computer.
To invade your os, Mac Safe Search could be promoted as software in other words seeming striving to enhance the way you surf on your Mac. But instead of a “safe” search, you obtain a lot of advertisements and other kinds of third-party information that might turn to be the particular contrary of sheltered.
The Mac Safe Search could also come in a package onto the installers of multiple third-party utility installers. These kinds of installers are regularly belonging to applications, that are generally obtained from third-party tools exhibiting webpages. Mac Safe Search might be promoted on these utilities by being efficient free-of-charge extras coming with the installers.
When Mac Safe Search is added to your Mac, it may immediately change your home page to macsafesearch.net. The aftermath of this is that Mac Safe Search could start to showcase third-party search resolutions on your system that can lead to websites other than official Google results. The bad news here is that the website macsafesearch.net may not be encrypted and your connection to it is not secure:
Alongside this, the page might on top of that implement different numerous cookies to keep track of your details:
The info that may be monitored by Mac Safe Search may be details that is connected to:
This info may be utilized to showcase custom commercials that are produced particularly so that you may tap on them. The ads which might be shown by Mac Safe Search PUP might be of the following families:
The result of these advertisements could be that you can download redirected to web pages which you don’t desire visiting. These kinds of pages might not only be unknown sites, but they may plus emerge to be web pages with low reputation, cheating sites, scam pages and even dangerous sites that may furhter comrpomise your Mac by infection. This is the prime argument to ignore such portals on your system.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Mac Safe Search.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
Mac Safe Search Behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the Mac Safe Search browser extension
- Mac Safe Search Shows commercial adverts
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Mac Safe Search Connects to the internet without your permission
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Installs itself without permissions
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
Mac Safe Search effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1024%
- Windows 841%
- Windows 726%
- Windows Vista3%
- Windows XP6%
Mac Safe Search Geography
Eliminate Mac Safe Search from Windows
Delete Mac Safe Search from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Mac Safe Search from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Mac Safe Search from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Mac Safe Search from Your Browsers
Mac Safe Search Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Mac Safe Search from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Mac Safe Search from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).