Nuksus virus is a vicious crypto infection that is based on the code of the infamous STOP ransomware. When began on your machine Nuksus interrupts machine defense and encrypts private files. Enchiphered files may be recognized by the plug-in .Nuksus appended by the ransomware. Underneath the breach, Nuksus malicious software develops a fine note that prompts you pay a fine for .Nuksus files decryption. This message could be found in the _readnme.txt file which is placed on the desktop.
Security researchers reported that the Nuksus virus is based on the code of one of the most popular ransomware families dubbed STOP. The ways of distributions of Nuksus ransomware is taking place together with spam emails, email attachments, hacked webpages, and harmed free of charge programs installers.
As malspam (emails that deliver contaminated code) authorizes criminals as to circulate their ransomware on a vast scale, they generally bet on it. For its realization, crooks generally add the nasty code in files of well-well-known classifications and then add those files to email alerts. The emails usually state that the attached files as:
Once activated on your system Nuksus virus creates a bunch of malicious files and places them in folders like %AppData% and %LocalAppData%. Together with recently released malignant files the ransomware contaminates necessary machine process of installing and becomes able to encode target files.
For the enciphering of target files Nuksus malicious software starts a built-in encryption algorithm module that is created to analyze decided folders for predefined kinds of files. Whenever the module identifies a target document, it employs a complicated encryption algorithm algorithm to change its code. Unfortunately, the malware is liable to immoral all files which store beneficial data. Hence, encrypted may be:
Following encryption files cannot be opened. In addition, they have the add-on .Nuksus at the end of their names. In truth, the major goal of this fineware is to blackmail you onto paying the ransom money to criminals as. That’s why Nuksus drops a fine notification with guidelines on how to perform the fine payment procedure.
Here is a copy of Nuksus virus’ ransom message – _readnme.txt:
You should NOT under any circumstances pay any ransom sum to cybercriminals. This motion does not insure the retrieval of your .Nuksus files.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Nuksus.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
- Integrates into the web browser via the Nuksus browser extension
- Shows Fake Security Alerts, Pop-ups and Ads.
- Nuksus Shows commercial adverts
- Installs itself without permissions
- Nuksus Connects to the internet without your permission
- Nuksus Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Changes user's homepage
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Slows internet connection
- Common Nuksus behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
Nuksus effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1027%
- Windows 830%
- Windows 720%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP17%
Eliminate Nuksus from Windows
Delete Nuksus from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Nuksus from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Nuksus from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Nuksus from Your Browsers
Nuksus Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Nuksus from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Nuksus from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).