The TestForSpeed invader can add a several home page, new tab, toolbar and search engine to your installed browsers. An add-on may set up together with it. Redirects, sponsored hyperlinks, and vouchers can display whenever you surf.
Bring up to date July 2019! What is TestForSpeed? What does TestForSpeed do? How to uninstall TestForSpeed?
SIDENOTE: This post was originally published in April, 2016. But we gave it an upgrade in July 2019.
One of the distribution ways of TestForSpeed.com is through third-party installations. The redirect virus could get inside your os, without you understanding. It contains in free application setup setups and in a package packets. Added parts for setup are preferred by default in such bundles. Components are undisclosed very often, and TestForSpeed can be installed. Searching for a Custom or an Advanced menu in the setup is a good idea of preventing unwanted installations.
As you can see from the above image, an extension related to TestForSpeed.com can be added. It is accessible on the Google Chrome Web Store. Another spread method for this intruder is via commercials, e.g banner advertisements, pop-ups etc. Or from visiting untrustworthy web pages. These kinds of sites may be commercial business partners along with the intruder’s authors. Affected browsers are: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari.
TestForSpeed(.)com is the main web page of a browser hijacker program of the same name. MyWay, administered by Mindspark Interactive family (presently Ask utilities) has made this intruder, which is the same as TestiNetSpeed.
If TestForSpeed is installed on your PC, you will witness lots of modifications to your browsers. Each browser can have its home page set to MyWay, as well as a new search tool and the new tab changed. The speed tester application with which the hijacker comes together with is explained as convenient and necessary. I.e. bogus because the software doesn’t even run thoroughly.
A browser plugin may be set up on top of all else. You may even acquire it from the Google Chrome Web Store. It might come packaged with other software too. The extension has the same name, TestForSpeed, and can redirect you to websites linked to the hijacker. You might encounter lots of adverts. The browser extension can:
Everything that you write inside the MyWay search engine will be filtered by it. Thus, any personal information you enter there will be compiled from the browser hijacker. Search results provided by the not wanted tool can fool you. In the search results site, there are vouchers, unites, and promoted content.
Routes in the browsers that you use could be displayed from the home web page, new tab, toolbar or discounts. Pop-ups, pop-unders, symbols and in-text connections can showcase as ad-sustained content. All routing can have the goal of increasing traffic to websites and receive income from pay-per-click.
The Policy clearly says that private data might be compiled, even whether it is privately recognizable. No statement is written about exactly what information will be gathered, but here are some important quotes from the updated policy:
All of this means that using any service or product connected both to TestForSpeed and Mindspark grants your approval for information gathering. All info that is gathered could be spread in packages with third parties. You should erase this not wanted program. There are speed testing websites which don’t set up anything on your device and provide authentic outcomes related to your net speed. Your web can not get swifter from any applications.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in TestForSpeed.com.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Slows internet connection
- Common TestForSpeed.com behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- Integrates into the web browser via the TestForSpeed.com browser extension
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Installs itself without permissions
TestForSpeed.com effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1022%
- Windows 843%
- Windows 725%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP2%
Eliminate TestForSpeed.com from Windows
Delete TestForSpeed.com from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove TestForSpeed.com from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase TestForSpeed.com from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete TestForSpeed.com from Your Browsers
TestForSpeed.com Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase TestForSpeed.com from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate TestForSpeed.com from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).