The Golden Axe ransomware might distribute itself via different tactics. A payload dropper which begins the corrupt script for this ransomware travels everywhere the World broad Web, and specialists have earned their hands on a malicious virus sample. If that log lands on your pc machine and you somehow carry out it – your device computer will become contaminated. Below, you can see the payload file of the cryptovirus being detected by the VirusTotal service:
As seen in the name and discovered by malware researchers, the ransomware will distribute via malvertising campaigns posing as Flash Player.
Free of charge programs which is caught on the web might be supplied as valuable also be tucked away the nasty script for the cryptovirus. Resist from launching files instantly after you have collected them. It is a must to at the start inspect them together with security software, whilst in addition evaluating their size and signatures for anything that sounds out of the regular. You ought to delve into the prompts for blocking ransomware placed at the matching forum thread.
Golden Axe is a virus that encrypts your files and opens a ransom note, with instructions inside it, about the compromised computer machine. The extortionists behind this risk are keen you to pay a penalty fee for the alleged restoration of your files, by at the start contacting them in bundles with an e-mail notification.
Golden Axe ransomware might make entries in the Windows Registry to achieve persistence, and could launch or repress processes in a Windows environment. Such entries are generally intended in a way to initiate the malicious software in an automatic way in addition to every boot of the os.
The ransom message notification itself is detected into a document called # guidance-RHHTF #.TXT or connected (relies on the accidental plug-in):
The ransom notice catalog has the following contents:
The message above, displayed by the Golden Axe ransomware virus indicates that your files are encrypted. You are requested to pay a fine sum to allegedly decrypt your data, after you contact the cybercriminals by email. However, you should NOT under any circumstances pay any ransom sum. Your files may not get retrieved, and no one might give you a assure for that. Injecting to that, giving revenue to cybercriminals will most probably motivate them to make etc. ransomware malicious software or carry out varying criminal motions. Which can even outcome to you earning your files enchiphered all over again after payment.
The picture viewed earlier shall land as a desktop background of a threatened pc. Judging by this image, and comparing research, it seems that the Golden Axe ransomware is another variant as .UIK1J! Ransomware in addition to a multiple plugin. Freshly located data discloses that the add-on for every victim is certain and by chance developed by the cryptovirus.
The encryption process of the Golden Axe ransomware rather simple – every file that gets encrypted will become simply unusable. Files shall get a custom, unintended add-on after they get enchiphered. The lately extra add-on will be attached as a secondary one, without altering the initial, nor the document heading.
The files utilized a majority of by people and which are most probably enchiphered are from the following classifications:
The Golden Axe cryptovirus could be set to erase all the Shadow Volume Copies from the Windows operating system with the help of the following command:
If the earlier-noted command is performed that may produce the effects of the enciphering procedure etc. effective. That is because of the truth that the command terminates any of the notable approaches to repair your information. If a operating system pc was infiltrated along with this ransomware and your files are locked, read on via to determine how you may potentially readjust some files back to their commonplace say.
If your computer system got infected with the Golden Axe ransomware virus, you should have a bit of experience in removing malware. You ought to acquire rid of this ransomware as soon as you can former it may have the opportunity to get distributed further and enter other oss. You ought to delete the ransomware and monitor the phase-by-step guide guide placed under.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Golden Axe.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
Golden Axe Behavior
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Slows internet connection
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Changes user's homepage
- Integrates into the web browser via the Golden Axe browser extension
- Golden Axe Connects to the internet without your permission
- Golden Axe Deactivates Installed Security Software.
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Golden Axe Shows commercial adverts
Golden Axe effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1022%
- Windows 841%
- Windows 722%
- Windows Vista8%
- Windows XP7%
Golden Axe Geography
Eliminate Golden Axe from Windows
Delete Golden Axe from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove Golden Axe from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase Golden Axe from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete Golden Axe from Your Browsers
Golden Axe Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase Golden Axe from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate Golden Axe from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).