What is HORSELIKER Ransomware
HORSELIKER ransomware is the work of attackers who created a whole family of cryptoviruses called PHOBOS. User files, after the penetration of this cryptovirus, are enchiphered in bundles with a tough algorithm, after which they become incompatible for further use. Along with enciphering, HORSELIKER ransomware alters the document plug-in to .HORSELIKER. Technically, the add-on is composite and seems that this: .id.HORSELIKER. Conventional approaches don’t assist to eliminate HORSELIKER ransomware and decode HORSELIKER files. Also, hijackers construct a log info.hta i.e. a note from them. Here’s what it appears like:
The precise quantity of the buyback isn’t hinted, regardless, according to allegations, the buyback cost can arrive at varying hundred dollars, and in certain cases varying thousand. Fraudsters added contact addresses for contacting them. And obviously, the message ends with an alert that provided that the user doesn’t do as he is told, then the files shall be lost for good. Be that since it may, we don’t suggest you pay. Look at our guides and instructions to terminate HORSELIKER ransomware and decode .HORSELIKER files.
How to erase HORSELIKER Ransomware
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in HORSELIKER.
|VIPRE Antivirus||22702||Wajam (fs)|
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- HORSELIKER Connects to the internet without your permission
- Integrates into the web browser via the HORSELIKER browser extension
- Common HORSELIKER behavior and some other text emplaining som info related to behavior
- HORSELIKER Shows commercial adverts
- Changes user's homepage
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
- Distributes itself through pay-per-install or is bundled with third-party software.
- HORSELIKER Deactivates Installed Security Software.
HORSELIKER effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1023%
- Windows 837%
- Windows 720%
- Windows Vista6%
- Windows XP14%
Eliminate HORSELIKER from Windows
Delete HORSELIKER from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove HORSELIKER from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase HORSELIKER from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete HORSELIKER from Your Browsers
HORSELIKER Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase HORSELIKER from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate HORSELIKER from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).