For the .promock files virus to be spread onto victim computers, the ransomware may use different methods. One of them is to relay victims e-mails that seem to be possessing accurate documents as e-mail attachments. Such types of malspam (malevolent spam) notifications may generally retain attachments of different types, e.g invoices, receipts and other seemingly tangible documents that are necessary. The alerts generally have plausible text in them, for instance:
Together with e-mails, the .promock ransomware may also be spread as a result of being added as a program, that is just what the users are looking to download for free online. Such a tool generally turns out to be installers of different software, patches for a program or games, vulnerabilities for games or software, license activator for Windows or other applications, detachable variant of a paid software and many other applications of this class.
As quickly as parasite along with the .promock files ransomware occur on the victim PC, the ransomware may secretly close it’s dangerous files on the oriented pc. The files may reside in the consecutive Windows directories;
When the dangerous files of .promock penaltyware are dumped, the threat could launch to execute additional activities on the corrupted PC, for instance set the ransom notice catalog _readme.txt to pop up so that victims can see it. This extortionist note has the following contents:
As shortly as .promock ransomware drops the malicious files on our computer, it may also begin to perform the following malicious activities prior to starting file encryption:
Furthermore, the .promock files virus is also a variant of STOP ransomware, which means that you may encounter it In other versions as well, like the recently detected .Promorad one. Just like it, the threat may beginning to set up bargain strings in the Windows registry editor. The main sub-keys that it could breach there coult turn out the be the following:
The prime notion behind those registry sub-keys is to alter varied mode of Windows by developing voucher strings in these kinds of keys in packages with custom statistics inside these kinds of values.
In bundles with this, the .promock ransomware could also be coded to delete the Windows Backups and shadow volumes on computers that have been compromised by it and this may likely happen by executing the following Windows command prompt lines:
To encode files, the .promock ransomware could use the extremely same cipher as the other variants of this threat – AES or Advanced encoding normal. This is the category of encryption algorithm that encodes bytes of content from the document set to be enchiphered and then changes it alongside the cipher’s details. After the encoding, an assymetric key is created, to coincide to the files and unlock them via exact decryption utilities, which is held merely by the cyber criminals.
The encoding procedure may target quite a lot of catalog families, some of which might be among the following:
After the enciphering procedure of .promock ransomware is complete, the virus leaves the files to appear as if they are corrupt and when you try to open them, Windows cannot find the proper software to open the files with:
The instructions beneath are broken down in by hand termination (at the beginning two stages) and automatic termination so that if you fail to uninstall this malicious software using the manual method or anticipate not clear, you in addition to that have a reliable automatic remedy available. Such cure lies in the happen upon of an advanced malware removal application, set up to in an automatic way identify and remove the files and objects of this malware and acquire it so that they no longer show up on your pc again.
If you wish to recover files, encoded by the .promock ransomware on your pc, we would strongly suggets that you overview the option ways for log retrieval beneath. They have been designed together with the prime concept to aid you recover as quite a lot of files as feasible, but don’t depend that they run together with 100% efficiency.
Warning, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in promock.
|K7 AntiVirus||9.179.12403||Unwanted-Program ( 00454f261 )|
- Changes user's homepage
- Redirect your browser to infected pages.
- Slows internet connection
- Steals or uses your Confidential Data
- Modifies Desktop and Browser Settings.
promock effected Windows OS versions
- Windows 1020%
- Windows 843%
- Windows 727%
- Windows Vista7%
- Windows XP3%
Eliminate promock from Windows
Delete promock from Windows XP:
- Click on Start to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and go to Add or Remove Programs.
- Choose and remove the unwanted program.
Remove promock from your Windows 7 and Vista:
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program
- Right-click on the unwanted app and pick Uninstall.
Erase promock from Windows 8 and 8.1:
- Right-click on the lower-left corner and select Control Panel.
- Choose Uninstall a program and right-click on the unwanted app.
- Click Uninstall .
Delete promock from Your Browsers
promock Removal from Internet Explorer
- Click on the Gear icon and select Internet Options.
- Go to Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Check Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- Click Close and select OK.
- Go back to the Gear icon, pick Manage add-ons → Toolbars and Extensions, and delete unwanted extensions.
- Go to Search Providers and choose a new default search engine
Erase promock from Mozilla Firefox
- Enter „about:addons“ into the URL field.
- Go to Extensions and delete suspicious browser extensions
- Click on the menu, click the question mark and open Firefox Help. Click on the Refresh Firefox button and select Refresh Firefox to confirm.
Terminate promock from Chrome
- Type in „chrome://extensions“ into the URL field and tap Enter.
- Terminate unreliable browser extensions
- Restart Google Chrome.
- Open Chrome menu, click Settings → Show advanced settings, select Reset browser settings, and click Reset (optional).